1.The moon is 400 times smaller than the sun and it is 400 times closer to the sun compared to the earth
2. Umbra is when your in the shadow and penumbra is when your outside of the shadow.
3.The solar eclipse happens in an average of 2.4 times a year
4. Eclipse is when the moon shadows on the earth.
5. Eclipse is going to happen August 21, 2017
Great facts, Anthony & Amrit!
Good job, you did good.
1. Only a portion of the world can see a solar eclipse
2. When totality happens during a solar eclipse, the moon completely covers the sun, casting a shadow over a certain area.
3. The area where the shadow is cast over is known as the umbra.
4. The edge of the shadow is known as the penumbra. Anyone near the penumbra will see a partial eclipse (moon appears to cover only part of the sun.)
5. Anyone outside of the shadow can’t see the eclipse at all.
While reading your informational blog on the Solar Eclipse I learned that the next solar eclipse will be on August 21,2017, It will cross the entire continental United States.I’ve also learned that the Solar Eclipse is when the moons shadow falls on the earth. When looking at the Solar Eclipse I sure will be sure to use my special glasses to look at the sun.
The moon is smaller than the sun. The next solar eclipse will be August 21st.,2017. The lunar eclipse will cross the entire continental United States. Ancient people were terrified when the sun disappeared they were terrified. They started killing their children and offering them.
Good job, I didn’t know that
I learned five fun facts from this website. One fun fact is if you’re inside a shadow, it is called an umbra. If not, it is called a penumbra. The second fact is the solar eclipse is when the moon shadow is a little piece of the earth. The third fact is, the eclipse will happen August 21,2017. The fourth fact is that this will be the first total solar eclipse visible in the United States in 38 years. The fifth fact is that the moon is closer to the earth than the sun.
The moon is 400x smaller than the earth but its 400x closer to the sun.
It will happen August 21,2017.
They are three types of solar eclipse which are Total,Annular and Partial.
The longest total solar eclipse can last 7.5 minutes.
A solar eclipse can happen once every 1-2 years.
1. The Babylonians and Ancient Chinese had found a way to predict solar eclipses as early as 2500 BCE.
2. They believed it was a bad sign for kings, and had set out decoys to face the anger of their gods during a solar eclipse.
3. The Lydians and Medes made peace with each other after a solar eclipse.
4. King Henry the 1st died after a solar eclipse, which had relit the superstition that a solar eclipse is a bad sign for a ruler.
5. Some ancient people believed the sun was being eaten during a solar eclipse, and acted wild in an attempt to free the sun.
Love your comments!
How did ancient people react to a solar eclipse?
Babylonians were the first ancient people to record the solar eclipse in May 3,1375 B.C.E.
The ancient people thought the sun was being eaten by a wild animal and thought the only way to solve it was to act wild screaming out things like “Humba-lumba”.
A war was stopped because ancient people thought that the solar eclipse was there to create peace.
Helium was found by a solar eclipse.
Ancient people thought that the eclipse meant a bad future for the king.
Babylonian were the first ancient people to record the first solar eclipse in May 3,1375. The ancient people thought that the sun was being eaten by a wild animal and that the only way to solve it was to act wild screaming out things like “Humbalumba”.
A war was stop because Ancient people thought it was a sign of making peace. Helium was found by a solar eclipse.
People thought the Solar Eclipse was a bad future for the king.
The next solar eclipse will be on August 21,2017.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.